The Piper PA-18 Super Cub is a two-seat, single engine aircraft designed by the Piper Aircraft Company. First introduced in 1949, Super Cubs rugged construction, impressive payload and marvelous short-field performance quickly made it a mainstay of the bush flying fleet.
- Powerful 3541- 750KV Outrunner motor with Predator 45A ESC provides adequate thrust for any situation.
- CNC metal landing gear structure for less-than-perfect landings.
- 6.25-inch oversized balloon tires for all-terrain operations.
- STOL capable (Takes off in less than 3m/10ft)
- Pre-installed navigation and landing lights
- Scale-inspired trim scheme
- Durable EPO foam construction
- Strong aluminum landing gear with shock-absorbing articulation for all-terrain operations
- Oversize 6.25-inch tundra tires
- Functional flaps for remarkable STOL performance
- Factory-installed navigation and landing LED lights
- Two-piece plug in wing with carbon-fiber tube
- Folding wing struts for easy transportation and storage
- Large front-hatch allows for easy access to LiPo battery changes
- Includes float set and single water rudder for float plane conversion
- High power 4S compatible brushless motor and 45-amp ESC
- Direct-link servo setup offers precision movement
- No glue required- can be ready to fly in less than one hour
Like its full-sized counterpart, the FMS PA-18 Super Cub has excellent handling at low speeds and wide performance. FMS selected an attractive, scale-inspired silver, white and black paint scheme to make this all-time-classic stand out from the crowd. Components such as LED lights, large tundra tires, and functional flaps are replicated with authentic detail. Flying off water couldn’t be any easier with the included float set with water rudder.
The factory installed 4S compatible power system combine with the functional flaps delivers STOL performance from smooth or rough terrain. For pilots looking for an easy-to-fly, scale aircraft with gentle trainer-like flight characteristics, plenty of power and an unmistakable golden-age appearance—the FMS PA-18 Super Cub 1700mm is all that, and more.
Complete System Upgrade - Reflex V2 is Compatible with Most FMS Aircraft
The Reflex V2 is a user-upgradeable flight controller. Reflex V2 can be reprogrammed easily with different model files via a simple software - allowing pilots to use the same flight control unit as they progress to different aircraft. Flying is simple when you have your very own “co-pilot” — the Reflex V2!
Three flight modes are available: Stabilized, Optimized or Off. This is controlled with a two or three position switch on the transmitter. When assigned to a two position switch, the Reflex system changes between stabilized and optimized modes.
Stabilized mode: Designed for beginners, Reflex will rapidly level the aircraft from any attitude when this mode is activated. Stabilized mode combines accelerometer and gyro data to determine how to level the aircraft when the control sticks are released - giving pilots absolute peace of mind. Note: The aircraft will maintain level flight with 50-60% throttle, and the aircraft will climb under full throttle.
Optimized mode: Utilizing advanced solid-state gyros, the Reflex system maintains aircraft attitude by counteracting inflight upsets - for gusts to crosswinds. With Reflex, even small aircraft will fly with the confidence of something much larger!
Off: Turns off all gyro functionality, the aircraft is flown completely manually when the gyro is off.
Reflex V2 Overview