Designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop, the F/A-18 Hornet is used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps as both a fighter and an attack platform. Air forces of several other nations fly the F-18 as well. This replica has been modeled after the F/A-18D two-seat variant, operated primarily by the U.S. Marine Corps in night attack and Forward Air Controller (Airborne) [FAC(A)] roles. The trim and color scheme are taken from the U.S. Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 242 ‚Äì the "Bats" ‚Äì based in Iwakuni, Japan. An all-new design for experienced RC pilots, the E-flite¬Æ F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF provides an exceptional flying experience highlighted by an abundance of Extra Scale details and functional scale features including factory-installed LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and more!
- The best handling high-performance F-18 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and other forces
- Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, painted landing gear, molded-in panel lines and more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps, main and nose gear doors
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times
- Spektrum‚Ñ¢ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX¬Æ technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE¬Æ Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X¬Æ technology
- Ten factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale painted shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Factory-applied VMFA(AW)-242 "Bats" squadron finish
- Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe
¬†HIGH-PERFORMANCE, EASY HANDLING HORNET
The E-flite¬Æ F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an all-new design with the size, scale details, functional features and performance to deliver an unmatched flying experience. With 6S LiPo power its V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100A ESC deliver fantastic performance with virtually instantaneous throttle response. This power system also provides better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in larger models ‚Äî plus it offers a turbine-like sound! An abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, removable ordnance and drop tanks, a pilot figure and more take the appearance to another level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, full-flying stabs and operational flaps, plus retracts and sequenced gear doors. It's also equipped with the most scale-like landing gear of any F-18 EDF model yet, and the shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts are painted white for an even more realistic appearance. Constructed of durable, fully-molded EPO material, no glue is required for assembly and it can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
- (1) E-flite¬Æ F-18 80mm EDF with:
- (1) 100A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Inrunner Motor (installed)
- (10) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum‚Ñ¢ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum‚Ñ¢ DSMX¬Æ/DSM2¬Æ compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 4000‚Äì7000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5‚Ñ¢ or IC5‚Ñ¢ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
This is the first high-performance F-18 Hornet model equipped with exclusive Spektrum‚Ñ¢ AS3X¬Æ and SAFE¬Æ Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch, making this an easier to fly Hornet than there's ever been before! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC combine with your 6S 4000‚Äì7000mAh 30+C LiPo battery to deliver great vertical performance and a fantastic speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response. This power system also delivers better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in larger models. But what makes the experience truly rewarding is the fantastic sound it produces ‚Äì it's almost like a real turbine.
Extra Scale Details
The F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, painted landing gear, removable ordnance and drop tanks ‚Äì more details than you typically find on similar class and smaller models.
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and control surfaces with pocket hinges ‚Äì even main gear and sequenced nose gear doors ‚Äì are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level.
The steerable nose gear with dual wheels and the rotating main gear feature reliable, factory-installed electric retracts equipped with durable metal components including Extra Scale painted trailing-link, shock-absorbing struts. It's the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-18 EDF model yet!
Construction with fully molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience. The factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the F-18 ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The stabs plus the two-piece wing bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport.
Unique Trim Scheme
The factory-applied paint and decal finish pays tribute to the U.S. Marine Corps VMFA(AW)-242 "Bats" squadron, while providing excellent visibility and a model you'll be proud to show off everywhere you go.¬†