Scaled up from the popular 70mm version — and equipped with Smart electronics — the E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF jet delivers smooth handling plus incredible speed and performance that make it a perfect choice for low-time as well as experienced jet pilots!
Bigger Flies Better
The full-scale Viper was designed to offer fighter-jet looks and performance along with the stability of a low-wing sport airplane so more pilots could enjoy flying a jet. The E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF model follows suit, both in its appearance and how it delivers the widest flight envelope possible — whether you’ve flown many jets before or even if it’s your first largescale jet model. We scaled up the extremely popular Viper 70mm EDF to create the first 90mm EDF powered and largest jet from E-flite® yet! This larger version delivers the same excellent speed, vertical performance and aerobatic capabilities, plus it’s still easy to take off, fly and land – especially when equipped with the exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies included with the BNF® Basic version. It’s the perfect large-scale EDF choice for low-time and experienced jet pilots alike!
Bind-N-Fly® Completion Level Advantage (BNF® Basic version only)
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
Exclusive Technologies (BNF® Basic version only)
This large-scale Viper model is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a lockedin feel that makes it seem like you’re flying an even larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this an easier to fly Viper! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
Smart™ Technology (BNF® Basic version only)
The exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current draw, overall flight battery voltage and more via compatible Smart receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e, DX8e, DX6 G2/3, DX8 G2, DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX20, and others) while you fly. It will even show individual cell voltages, temperature of the flight pack and other data when using Spektrum Smart LiPo batteries. Plus, optional-use motor reversing can help shorten rollout after landing and offers other special ground handling capabilities (7+ channel transmitter required for reversing). You can even install the optional Spektrum GPS Telemetry Sensor (SPMA95871; sold separately) to see speed, altitude, distance from home and other data in real-time too.
High-Performance EDF (BNF® Basic version only)
The 12-blade 90mm fan, high-power brushless inrunner motor and 130-amp ESC combine with your 6S 4000–7000mAh 30+C LiPo battery to deliver great vertical performance and a fantastic speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response. There’s even room to fit two 6S 3200–5000mAh batteries so you can run them in parallel to achieve class-leading performance and flight times.
Factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights, nose gear door and flaps are functional features that take your experience to another level.
Shock-absorbing, trailing link struts on the nose and main gear soak up the bumps of rough surfaces including grass and make it possible to fly from a wider variety of fields. The reliable electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components, and the steerable nose wheel plus wide-spaced main gear offers excellent ground handling.
The Viper design offers incredible handling across a wide speed range and flight envelope. From slower-than-expected landings and lowspeed passes to 120+ MPH high-speed flybys, the airframe and power system combine to deliver unbelievable performance and aerobatic capability so you can perform giant loops, rolls, endless knife edge flight, snaps, tumbles and other maneuvers almost effortlessly.
The composite-reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet durable. And the eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with balllink equipped linkages, plus control surfaces with pinned hinges, deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the Viper ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The stabs plus the two-piece wing with hands-free connections bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport. Plus it’s factory-finished in an exclusive and unique high-visibility trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design.
Needed to complete (BNF® Basic version):
- Full-range 6–7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 4000–7000+mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5® Connector , Best : Gens Ace 6s 5600mah 80c
- Compatible LiPo charger
- Lipo Charge Bag
- The Smartest, best handling and easiest to fly large scale Viper EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) model yet
- A scale jet model with incredibly smooth sport airplane handling and amazing aerobatic capability
- The best choice for a first large-scale EDF jet model because it's easy to take off, fly and land
- Extremely wide performance envelope and speed range, capable of top speeds up to 120+ MPH
- Functional features including LED navigation and landing lights, nose gear door and flaps
- Reliable electric retracts with shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts for grass and other field operation
- Expertly engineered and optimized ducting for incredibly efficient performance without "cheater" holes
- 12-blade 90mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible 3670-1950Kv brushless inrunner motor and 130-amp ESC
- 130-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other data, plus reversing capabilities, via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh, or up to two 6S 3200-5000mAh batteries in parallel (or series for ARF Plus version), to deliver class-leading flight times and performance
- Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages and control surfaces with pinned hinges
- Removable/replaceable winglets, plastic capped nose and intake ducts for added durability
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing with convenient V2 hands-free connections for easy storage and transport
- Large and convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and pilot figure
- Extremely durable, fully molded and composite-reinforced EPO airframe
- Unique and highly visible trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
- Fan Size: 90mm EDF
- Flaps: Yes
- Material: EPO
- Motor Size: 3670 - 1950Kv Brushless Inrunner (installed)
- Product Length: 50.43" (1281 mm)
- Product Weight: 3257g w/Battery, 2522g w/o Battery
- Skill Level: Level 2
- Technology: Smart, AS3X and SAFE
- Trim Scheme Colors: White / Red
- Wingspan: 55.12" (1400 mm)